Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hello Sunshine!

What a lovely day we have. A little bit of sunshine, breeze and the threat of more rain. Right now it might be a little warmer than some prefer, but I love it. When visiting with Scott this week we chatted about the weather and how muggy hot it’s been on a few days. I’ll tell you what I told him.. I complain all winter because it’s too cold so I will not bellyache about the summer. All my weather irritability must be reserved for anytime the temperature falls below 70!

Now back to the State Fair…. we’ll make it through sooner or later. The 2008 fair is only a couple months away.

Sunday, August 12.... Day 4

The weekend was pretty uneventful until Sunday night. The girls are gone and a couple other friends (Mark and Aubrey) have come by to visit and go to the Dirks Bentley concert. Following the concert there was a quick but mighty wind storm that blew over trashcans and ripped items away from a vendor’s tent across the street.

After it was finally over we spent a little more quality time at a couple State Fair “establishments” then rode the golf cart back to the campground.

About halfway back the golf cart backfires then there's a loud ker-thud and pop. Hoping/praying it was just a fluke, we drive it back to the trailer to let it rest for the evening.. a good 5 hours will really bring a golf cart back to life…. I hope!!

At the trailer I realize I left my keys in the Red Radio on the fairgrounds. The golf cart is retired for the night so the neighbors to the north who are enjoying an evening of fireside conversation, give me a lift back to the radio…. When we make it back, Aubrey and I sit down for a fireside chat with our new friends. During the discussion I learn that these new friends came to my rescue
once before. The windstorm that came up earlier was whipping the awning on my trailer. Afraid it would tear the thing up they rolled it up for me. That’s the awning I had no idea how to roll up from a couple days ago.

Thanks for the help x2

No comments: