Monday, December 15, 2008

The Hunt Goes On...

When I returned home that afternoon, the first stop was the curtain. Hopefully the mouse hunting persistence has paid off… after pulling the drape out of the way; I notice the trap was still sprung. The rascal must be full from the last smorgasbord I set out. Before heading off to another task, I decided to get a closer look, just in case! I pick up the trap and there is nothing, absolutely nothing! The contraption is completely empty. No mouse and even worse, no peanut butter. The beast not only dined on the peanut butter dish, but the tiny little mouse tongue licked the thing clean. Eeewwww!!
With a shiver of disgust I grabbed the, now, half empty peanut butter jar. With great determination I place a spoonful on the trap. Before placing the trap back in the mouse dining hall I make a quick change. If this rascal is so sure of himself to spend the extra time to lick this thing clean, he's going to have to work a little harder. With a twist of the spoon, a good portion of the gooey peanut butter has now been stuck to the underside of the trigger. My thought, now the ferocious rodent has to contort itself to get to the last little icky drop!
Now we wait….

1 comment:

Amy said...

Did you catch it????