Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Meeting Season...

So the mouse issue has not been the only thing going on. In late November we had our annual National Association of Farm Broadcasting convention in Kansas City. For the broadcasters I've had the chance to work with over the years, it's a great chance to catch up, visit and see what's taking place in farm shops around the country. This year I got the chance to take a more active step in the NAFB organization. For the next year I'll be serving as the Southern Region Vice President. Who knows what I may have just gotten myself into, but I'm looking forward to it.
Another part of the annual event is Trade Talk. It's a trade show with a mass confusion of company reps and broadcasters doing a million product interviews in a matter of 4 hours. I got several of those edited last night, then found another dozen to tackle tomorrow. I'm working with Scott to get those posted online so listeners can check out some of the new farm equipment and products available for the 2009 growing season.
The NAFB conference was in November. Since then we've already attended the Livestock Marketing Associations Regional Auctioneer Championship at the Kingsville Livestock Auction, the Missouri Farm Bureau Convention at Lake of the Ozarks and Missouri Cattlemen's Convention in Springfield. I love Meeting Season!!












As for other excitement, I guess I can share pictures of the Jeep, my poor, poor Jeep. Here's a shot of the damage from when we met a dark steer on a dark night in the middle of the road!

1 comment:

Farmerspice said...

you didn't say mating season did you?? i always called it meeting season on the air....i miss on the air.