Friday, May 2, 2008

Heading to Springtown

I finally spilled the beans about this blog to a few friends who may be checking it out for the first time. Thanks for stopping by!!
Today is Friday, TGIF once again. I hate to wish the week away, but some weeks need an earlier weekend. We had another monsoon last night. I’m not sure what the forecast is for the weekend, but if this continues I may add flippers to my shopping list.

Tonight I’m Springfield bound. Missouri State University’s Dr. Anson Elliott, the Dean of Agriculture, called a couple weeks ago to see if I could moderate the MSU Collegiate Farm Bureau’s 2008 Agriculture Forum.
Absolutely! The panel this year will be small, but informative with Missouri Farm Bureau President Charlie Kruse and Congressman Roy Blunt. I know there will be a number of issues discussed so I’ve been trying to brush up on issues and will continue to do so for the next 10 hours! You can attend the dinner and forum for $20. Dinner starts at 6:30 with the forum to follow around 7pm. If you just want to attend the forum, that’s free of charge and should start around 7. The event will be at the Bass Pro Museum. This will be my first experience in the museum, so I’m looking forward to a peak inside.

I mentioned I would recap the 2007 State Fair. I think my memory is tapped so I’ll be posting the events that inspired this blog next week.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: