Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Monday!

I’m officially a couple weeks into the blogging world and I must confess it’s harder to keep up with than I expected. Maybe it’s not so hard to keep up with as it is easy to put off. Sounds like a similar story to other things.

Example #1 “I’m going to get up early and start walking everyday… starting tomorrow”
Example #2 “I’m going to eat a salad for lunch everyday… starting tomorrow”
Example #3 “I’m going to blog everyday”

Remember the saying do as I say and not as I do, I guess that applies here.

We’re heading into the great month of MAY and what a great month it is. First of all, I’m pretty sure we can finally declare that Winter is over! Also, May is a great celebration month…. my brother, couple cousins, Farm Boy, Farm Boss, a couple of other friends and yours truly all celebrate birthdays during the 5th month of the year. Some people, when they get to a certain age, don’t like acknowledge birthdays anymore. Personally I love to. In fact I like to claim the whole month of May as Janet Birthday Season and sometimes, the whole summer! So, here’s to the 4th annual 30th birthday float trip!! By the way, I accept gifts and cash donations for birthday celebrating!!

May is also National Beef Month. Many people don’t always remember the event, but as a farm broadcaster, it’s at the top of the The Farm agenda. During National Beef Month, KMZU again will host the Best Beef Recipe Contest. We’ll accept recipes for about 3 weeks. We’ll choose 10 recipes that seem the most appetizing, cook’em up a have a little taste test at the office. The winner will receive a new grill from Vaughn Pool and Spa in Sedalia. At the end, all the recipes are put into a KMZU cook book and we will hand those out at KMZU events over the next year. So, send in your recipe and keep a look out for the KMZU Beef Cookbook 2008 edition!!

No comments: