Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Broadcaster in the Making

Today we had a special guest at “The Farm.” Courtney, a member of the Wellington Napolean FFA Chapter, spent a few hours job-shadowing the farm department. She’ll be and attending the University of Missouri this Fall, majoring in Ag journalism or Ag Education. I tried hard to sway her vote toward broadcasting but suggested she pick up her Ed degree. Scott tossed in a great point, "pick up as much business and computer knowledge as you can too!" Courtney did a great job on a story that will air during the noon hour Farm News file tomorrow. If I figure out how, I'll post the audio here too.
I’m going to date myself a little here, but when I graduated from Houston, Mo, computers were useful, but not something 110% necessary for me. I had an electronic typewriter with magic tape to banish typos so I was set! Fast forward a couple years when I pulled an all nighter on a technical writing project. You can’t use the computer lab that late so I spent the entire night at my friends house on their computer. Thinking back on things, they (you know who you are) weren’t the best people to try and write A+ literature around but they were entertaining. Oh the fun of college….. Courtney.. actually it was no fun at all… keep your nose in the books and stay away from boys!!

No comments: