Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dipping a Toe in Technology

So my adventure online this week has been interesting. Not only is this blog officially up and running, I’ve ventured into other online experiences. After years and years of thinking those online people are crazy, I’ve now joined the crazy ranks and have a Myspace account. To be honest, the Myspace account was actually established 2 years ago while I lived in Kansas. A friend from Arkansas encouraged me to give it a go so I could easily keep up to date with friends who are scattered across the country. I gave it a try, signed up for the account, decided the thing looked complicated and that’s where I stopped.
Now fast forward to this week…. While loading up on the internet experience, I remembered the Myspace log-in two years ago and wondered if it might still work and it did!! Still no information on my page, but it worked!! While tinkering with it I discovered there’s a mailbox which has been receiving messages for 2 years. Apparently there are a whole bunch of “naughty” networks looking for another member (it’s not just me, it’s the spam stuff I promise). As I’m deleting 6 pages of spam I come across a picture of a lady with a baby. I almost delete it but realize there’s a real message, not just some crazy baby mamma with a naughty message. It’s my friend from Arkansas who talked me into this online craziness 2 years ago. She apparently left me a few messages, and by the fourth one she wasn’t very happy with me. Well never fear, I’ve now replied to Crazy Jane.. She’s not sending out naughty spam messages, just threatening thoughts to an old friend who’s not very tech savvy.
Don’t worry Jane, I’m learning more with each letter I type!!

No comments: