Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's Day One

Thursday the 9th

5:50am

First day of the fair and morning after the monsoon!! I’m at the Jeep ready to head to the Red Radio. Again, the soft windows were off the Jeep during the night. The doors had to windows rolled up and top was enclosed. That means the back seat was open and the drivers seat should have been dry, but NO!! The seat was soaked and the floor board had at least an inch of water!

9am

I take the golf cart back to the camper to grab something. At the entry one of the “gate keepers” stops me for not having an ID number on the cart. I grab the tag from the administration building then head back to the Red Radio. (the ID was something the engineer used to take care of so I’m learning as I go)

When I make it back to the Radio, it’s time for our first remote report from the fair. I zip over to the Floriculture building to do an interview. When that’s done, I’m on the golf cart ready to leave when a man who I will refer to as the Golf Cart Nazi stops me for not having the ID sticker on the cart.

Me: I’m sorry I just picked it up and it’s at the Radio. I’ll go get it

He reluctantly allows me to retrieve the tag from the Red Radio, but wants me to come back so I can prove I have it. A couple minutes later I return. He “thanks” me for putting the ID on then hands me a written warning for the mistake!!.

This is day one, BEFORE 11am and I’ve already been in trouble!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am reading your blog, so keep it up. This is a nice way to still be able to keep up with you!!!