Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Holy House!

That’s how I feel tonight after spending time closer to the skyline. My mom and nephew are here visiting this week. Mom does a pretty good job of keeping busy so that means a lot of things get accomplished around here. My spare bedroom now has a fresh coat of paint on it. I came home from work yesterday and finished up the top part. Mom had an unfortunate encounter with a ladder a few years ago so she avoids those these days.

Tonight I came home to another home prepared meal. After that we stepped outside to tackle another chore. With all the rain my gutters are working overtime and have started pulling away from the house in revolt. When it rains, water pours down from the gutter and it’s found a way into the dark depths of my basement…. Blah!!!

I’ve been trying to sweep the water out each day and hope for things to dry, but before you know it there’s more rain. Tonight, while mom is here to break my fall or call for an ambulance if necessary, I climbed on the house to fix the gutters. After scooting all the way around the house and replacing a few things, we are back in business!! Hopefully that will hold for a while.

The countdown is on for the next big adventure which means I need to wrap up the state fair. Stay tuned and we’ll finish things before we start the next adventure.

Back to the fair…

Thursday, August 16th

We are back in business now that we have a golf cart again. As we travel the grounds interviewing people attending the event, one of us will be in the Red Radio while the other is on the grounds doing the interviews. We use our cell phones to keep in touch and know when an interview is ready to begin. During one such report Mike is ready to do an interview but realizes his cell phone is gone. After backtracking to where he has been on the golf cart he finds the phone in the road where its been crushed by a truck and trailer. It doesn’t work any more.

2 comments:

Farmerspice said...

Can you send Mom to my house??

Anonymous said...

WOW! I forgot what bad luck Mike has at the State Fair. He's still with the station right? Hope he has better luck this year. He's a good guy to deal with all that and put up with you too!